Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: South Korea
Required Qualifications and Education:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or comparable experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years hand-on experience is required, with the ability to configure networking equipment such as routers, switches, and firewalls
• Security+ or other IAT level 2 certification required
• Senior-level expertise in Microsoft operating systems (XP and Windows 7), DNS, configuration backup, and government security practices.
• Expert understanding of networking technology (Switches; Routers; Firewalls; Load Balancers; Security Products (VPN; NAC; etc.). Experience with MPLS is plus.
• Ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance, and develop automated corrective measures.
• Hands on experience with router, switch, firewall, and IPS configuration
• Understanding of IP based platforms and addressing, DHCP, DNS, Cisco products and technology, client/server computing.
• Familiarity with DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), STIGs, and manual checklists
• Strong interpersonal and written/oral communications skills; capable of interfacing with all levels of management, project managers, development engineers, Helpdesk team, and other technical and administrative departments.
• Skilled in trending chronic problems, engaging in capability planning, analyzing security events, as well as preparing the corresponding documentation.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Professional level vendor certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, and JNCIA are highly desired.
• Aptitude to program in an administrative language, as well as prepare, test, and deploy scripts aimed at improving efficiencies or correcting problems.
• Understanding of network monitoring systems, security network scanning tools (Retina), and Packet analyzer
Applicants selected must be U.S. Citizens and will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Advises and consults with government staff, agencies and Contractor representatives involved with LAN/WAN design, network implementation and network management to ensure the LAN/WAN adequately supports the MHS mission and provides optimal performance. Interfaces with and leads Network Specialists and internal or external organizations to resolve LAN/WAN issues. The Senior Network Engineer is required to resolve technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model through the use of diagnostics and network administration tools such as Hewlett Packard (HP) OpenView, Cisco Works and Tivoli. An understanding of Management Information Blocks (MIB) and MRTG to measure, plan and execute methodologies to ensure high performance levels and minimum downtime. Responsible for the increasing levels of LAN/WAN security in maintaining the LAN/WAN barrier systems responsible for preventing unauthorized access to MTF systems. In order to meet these requirements, the Senior Network Engineer must be capable of establishing and configuring network firewalls, VPN devices and IDSs. Provides recommendations to personnel in the field by making either a change to network level operations or an enhancement to the network.
• Installs, configures, updates, and maintains network devices for a DOD standard in a large-complex environment.
• Manage network layer routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP in a large-complex environment with multiple WAN connection.
• Monitor networking equipment and maintain activity logs via Syslog tools or similar tool
• Document systems and network infrastructure in various written formats (VISIO, MS Project, Word, etc.)
• Familiarity with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guide and Network Certification and Accreditation
• Implements complex hardware deployments, software upgrades, and significant projects.
• Performs Tier II-III problem management, isolation, and resolution.
• Monitors system capacity (CPU, memory, ports, disk space, etc.) and takes appropriate action to report and correct any issues.
• Reviews and analyzes daily reports and prepares periodic reports for network status and baseline performance; researches, identifies, and analyzes trends of utilization and errors.
• Ensures corresponding documentation is accurate and maintained.
• Conducts gap analyses as needed, and provides results and recommendations to management for review.
Job Description: Pending contract award, IntelliDyne, LLC is seeking Senior Network Engineer to work on the client site in San Antonio, TX. The qualified candidate will assist us to facilitate the mission and meet requirements; the Network Engineer will provide support on our network configuration and infrastructure consolidation and optimization.
The Senior Network Engineer supports the medical mission of the DoD and ensures that the highly complex and technical requirements related to the infrastructure are addressed. The Senior Network Engineer is a key personnel, and identifies and resolves larger, more complex LAN/WAN network problems and issues, researches network-level problems using network management tools and is responsible for providing high-level installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN communication equipment for networked facilities. Serves as the CONUS point of contact for network issues, configuration management and communications interconnection, addressing, and multi-protocol routing and network management.
The IntelliDyne Way
IntelliDyne is a consulting firm that enables better business performance through innovative technology solutions. We manage public sector programs that deliver higher operational efficiency and measurable value to clients. We advise, develop, and execute effective solutions in Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Application Development and Mobile Computing, Business Process Management, Data Center Consolidation, Enterprise Collaboration and Enterprise Infrastructure Management.
IntelliDyne, LLC is an equal opportunity employer