- Minimum 3 years Windows system administration
- General knowledge of all IT topics specifically in Network and System Operations
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities and capable of changing direction as needed.
- Must be able to obtain DoD Public Trust
- 8570 Compliance IAT Level II or higher (Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security active certification required)
- Applicant must be able to work in a team environment with other systems administrators as well as work with other computer/facility support organizations and work well multi-tasking various related efforts
- Must have good communications skills, both written and verbal and will be responsible for documentation of all aspects of various system installation and configuration efforts step-by-step
- Experience working within a process improvement environment such as CMMI desired
- Experience with best practice methodologies such as ITIL desired
- MCSA and/or MCSE 2012/2008 desired
- Managing servers and upgrades. Manage GPOs and ActiveDirectory structure. Handle data collection and reporting.
- Perform daily system administration tasks to include installation of new hardware, cabling, software releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches, and conducting tape backups Hands-on management of Dell or HP servers and effectively communicating issues to remotely located Operations staff and storage SAN Administrator
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Organize and prioritize IT related activities.
- Understanding of setup/use/troubleshooting of software deployment and support of Maintenance Windows
- Work with team and security auditors for regular ATOs and CRRIs.
- Mitigate IT system security related issues
- Competent in office automation tools such as Microsoft Office
- Resolve software and related problems associated on Windows
- Coordinate hardware maintenance and repairs with vendors
- Install OS, firmware and application patches, updates and tech bulletins in the production environment
- Assist Compliance Lead with related tasks as required
- Assist Network Administrators to maintain the environment as required
- This position will support, monitor and maintain an IT infrastructure consisting of Windows Enterprise servers. Job duties include supporting over 170 production servers and 4,300 client computers in a LAN/WAN environment. You will be a member of a Network Operations team of system and network administrator, and enterprise Subject Matter Experts located in the Washington, DC metro area. You will be expected to share time with the other System Administrators in providing on-call 24x7 support and there will be some after hours and weekend responsibilities expected.