Title: Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC
• 3-5 years experience managing small- to medium-sized IT projects.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Ability to execute on short- and long-term plans, balancing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple discrete projects with varying timeframes and milestone schedules to achieve timely completion based on estimated completion dates.
• Demonstrated expertise in project management to assure on-time, in-budget completion of projects as measured by corporate standards.
• Demonstrated familiarity with IT systems engineering.
• Strategic thinker with organization and leadership skills.
• Must possess strong skills in facilitation management, team leadership, planning, and problem solving.
• Demonstrated capability to write effectively (command of grammar, spelling, proofreading).
• Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal with staff at all levels of the organization and customers; ability to identify the cause of and resolve conflict.
• Demonstrate an ability to stay focused, calm, and execution-oriented in times of chaos or changes in priorities.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio.
• Experience working with Project Server
• Ability to work in a highly politically sensitive environment.
• Ability to interface with clients on a daily basis at the client site.
• Familiarity with the SDLC
All candidates must be U.S. citizens and be eligible for public trust clearances.
Desired Professional Credentials:
• Manages multiple information technology projects (sometimes concurrently) of varying complexity in support of the program requirements.
• Receives project assignments from the Project Management Office (PMO).
• Accepts responsibility for managing projects from beginning to end, unless reassigned, utilizing a set of standardized processes, tools, and templates.
• Develops a thorough understanding of the project management lifecycle and follows a provided set of CMMI L3 and ITIL framework processes that support the program.
• Conducts requirements gathering sessions using established processes, procedures and tools.
• Develops a work breakdown structure and completes a project schedule.
• Utilizes a set of standardized project management office automation tools and documentation templates required by either the PMO or provided by the program.
• Develops project charters, project plans, work breakdown structures, briefings and other project management documentation as required.
• Develops an agenda and documents meeting minutes for every project-related meeting.
• Uploads project documentation to a common project management information system repository.
• Develops weekly project status/dashboard reports for the client and senior-level management that includes a listing of major accomplishments, upcoming milestones, and potential risks/issues.
• Contributes to and provides assistance in the development of monthly and quarterly program reports.
• Ensures all documentation is peer reviewed before submitting allocated, functional, and production baselines.
• Works directly with the PMO and Quality Assurance teams to develop and deliver process and project improvements, either through tactical or strategic means; works with clients to communicate changes; and provides training and assesses conformance.
• Serves as a peer reviewer for fellow project managers, as required.
• Implements project metrics to gauge performance and compliance to the corporate standards and CMMI and ITIL processes, procedures, and work products.
• Ensures effective communication and coordination with clients and stakeholders; works effectively with all project team levels to facilitate project implementation and completion.
• Performs program or project risk assessment activities, including: identification, quantification, qualification, and mitigation strategies. Monitors risk and promotes to an issue when necessary.
• Gathers and documents lessons learned throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provides mentoring to junior project managers/coordinators.
IntelliDyne is seeking an experienced IT Project Manager to manage multiple information technology projects of varying complexity in support of the AntiTrust Division of the Department of Justice. This position works closely with the Engineering and Security working groups to orgnaize and manage projects through the entire SDLC process. Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience, be familiar with the SDLC lifecycle, have experience with project server, and be able to mentor junior project managers.
IntelliDyne, LLC a market-leading professional consulting firm that has been delivering Above & Beyond experience to Government and Commercial clients for more than a decade and enables better business performance through innovative technology solutions. We manage public sector programs that deliver higher operational efficiency and measurable value to clients. We advise, develop, and execute effective solutions in Enterprise Infrastructure Management, Security, Cloud Computing, Application Development and Mobile Computing, Business Process Management, Data Center Consolidation, and Enterprise Collaboration.
IntelliDyne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.