Required Qualifications & Education:
• Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer or Engineering related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience of performing Systems Engineering related duties.
• Windows 2012R2, Windows 2008R2, and Windows 10 platform.
• Expert level with all facets of Active Directory and experience with DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy management
• Symantec Endpoint Protection
• Advanced Microsoft Certification such as MCITP Server 2008 Enterprise highly desired.
• Must be able to work independently to solve problems and design solutions.
• Limited travel required deploying systems designed.
• Experience integrating systems on Windows Server 2008/2012
• Experience with scripting in PowerShell, Visual Basic Scripting
• Familiarity with NIST/CIS Security Benchmarks and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
• Experience working on projects using the Systems Development Lifecycle processes and PMI Project Management standards
• Familiarity with MS Project or similar tools
• Experience designing laptop/desktop images and customized deployment of MS Office 2007 features
• Ability to prioritize ad-hoc tasks and to meet tight deadlines.
• Familiarity with DOJ IT Security Policy
• Experience using VMware ESXi
• Familiarity with the following tools/applications:
o Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
o Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
o Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card deployment
o Data at Rest (DAR) deployment (Symantec Endpoint Encryption)
o SQL Server 2012R2/2008R2
o IIS 7
o Proxy Server
o MS Visio
Ability to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
• Strong verbal and written interpersonal communications skills and ability to deal effectively with customers, peers and management.
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills
• Dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and trust of upper management
• Has a commitment to our work and cares about others
• Communicates honestly and transparently; is respectful and appreciative of the contributions of others and identifies opportunities for personal growth.
• Demonstrates intellectual quickness, curiosity and discipline; thinks critically, challenges assumptions and makes learning a component of every activity. Is excited about the prospect of change and able to easily adapt and recover from setbacks.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens and be eligible for public trust clearances.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and implement solutions related to Windows server and/or desktop and laptop systems.
• Lead and execute projects from requirements to implementation.
• Develops project documentation such as project plan, high-level design, detailed design, requirements analysis and implementation plans.
• Troubleshoots IT infrastructure issues escalated from Systems Operations
• Develops training documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for Systems Administrators and Help Desk staff.
• Designs, defines and implements complex systems.
• Researches equipment cost for proposed solutions and prepares procurement justification letters.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for Division Systems.
• Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system.
Location: DC Metro Area Title: Senior Systems Engineer Job Description: Serve as senior member of the Systems Engineering and Development team that is responsible for designing new and/or upgraded solutions for the client's technology needs. The Senior Systems Engineer will report to the Systems Engineering Manager. Serve as an expert and consultant for the client to advise on feasibility and methodology of integrating IT services and other critical IT issues. Lead the development of client mission critical IT solutions that include the design, integration and 3rd Tier support of various hardware and software technologies in an enterprise environment of over 1000 users geographically dispersed throughout multiple sites.
IntelliDyne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.